Flare Systems is on a mission to enable companies to proactively protect themselves against cyber attacks and financial crimes. We are a cyber threat intelligence startup founded in Montreal. We’re a dynamic group with diverse backgrounds and expertise in cybersecurity and criminology.
What you'll get to work on
As a member of our development team, you will contribute to the core of our product and will build new features and functionalities. You’ll be directly involved in powering our software to the next level. This is a role for someone who is autonomous, quick learner and motivated to work on projects that will have an important impact on the development of the company.
Where you fit in
We are committed to enabling companies to protect themselves against financial crimes and we are extremely passionate about our mission. If our mission excites you and you have the ambition to work with an experienced development team with solid backgrounds in software engineering, cybersecurity, coffee and criminology, we will empower you to live your calling!
We believe internships are key learning experience to grow from students to a professional engineer. As such, a mentorship process will be in place to enable you to reach your objectives. Our internships aim to let you work on concrete tasks and project with enough room to develop software engineering skill and decision-making.
Role and responsibilities:
- Design, develop and test new and existing software applications
- Assess new application ideas
- Participate in development team meetings
- Collect, process and analyze data related cyber criminality
- Ability to learn quickly on a variety of technologies
- Results-oriented focus
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
Good to have:
- Experience with databases such as Postgresql and Elasticsearch
- Experience with infrastructure platforms such as Google Cloud and Kubernetes.
- Experience in web technologies
- Experience in systems design
- Experience in cybersecurity
Why Flare Systems
- Amazing Team: A team of pioneers who have been at the forefront of cybersecurity, cyber criminology, software development, business and brewing the best pourover coffee for the most part of their careers.
- Great Environment: the office is relaxed, hours are flexible and we believe in being our best selves both at work and in our personal lives. We are parents, beer aficionados, violinists, writers, rock climbers and swing dancers.
- Growth and development: We believe in recognizing your impact and will empower you to take on even bigger challenges as the company grows.